BEHOLDING URFA WITH YOUTH
Date: 2017 – 2018
Project Field: Şanlıurfa / Central districts (Haliliye, Karaköprü, Eyyübiye)
About the Project:
Within the scope of the project which has been implemented with the Youth Projects Support Programme of the Ministry of Youth and Sports; after fields of employment in tourism in Şanlıurfa are identified, developing the skills of youth, who have been left out of the school system or have failed to attain a profession, for their employment; after connecting youth and local employment opportunities, maintaining their participation in employment; and prevention of youth unemployment, have been targeted.
• Providing vocational courses towards improving socio-economic adaptation and youth employment, to youth,
• Presenting support mechanisms towards aiding participation in employment to youth,
• Easing the transition to post-education employment of youth continuing their secondary education especially by increasing their knowledge on professions towards employment in their own districts,
• Developing methods which will maintain/ease the participation of youth via local employment and development units.
Target group: Unemployed youth between ages 15 and 29 who’ve been left out of the educational system, local administrations, GAP management, İŞKUR, public education centres, chambers of commerce and industry, professional associations.
• Infrastructure mapping for the tourism sector,
• Identifying youth who have been left out of the educational system or failed to find a profession via neighbourhood operations,
• Preparing educational content towards the target group,
• Youth Orientation,
• Tourism Orientation,
• Vocational Skill Courses,
• Job Entrance Orientation,
• Urban Hymn (Şehrengiz) Trips,
• Closing Activity,
• Job Fair,
• Role Model Meetings,
• Occupational Living Library Activities.