Once Upon a Time in My Street
Project datesOctober 2009 – December 2010
collaborationsMinistry of National Education, HaberTürk, Istanbul 2010 European Capital of Culture Agency
High school student
- High school students learn oral history through interviewing 60 years and above people in their district, learn to work with different age groups, experience team work, understand their identity and state of belonging by working through their own neighbourhoods and disctricts.
Students put togehter a valuable work of oral history archieve toghether in the form of disctrict newspaper an oral history as a method in Youth Studies Book in turkish and in english. The rest of the outcome can be seen in the Evaluation Report Intends that the youth undestand their identity, the state of belonging, local/global processes generating this identity, through the neighborhoods and districts they live in and through Istanbul s place in world history.
- Positive change in high school stundents understanding of history
- Increased sense of belonging to Istanbul
- Increased communication between generations
- Increase in students willingness to continue their students at university